Monday, April 25, 2016

week #14 - Book of Mormon on broadway - - Sharing the gospel

This week has been pretty eventful! As a district, we were downtown
Saturday and Sunday night while the Book of Mormon on Broadway was in
town, sharing pass along cards and info about the real Book of Mormon.
People were pretty responsive and wanted to take pictures with real
Elders. It was a blast! Met the lead actor for the play! And there was
a great guy named Steven "Streets" who is an Irish Catholic man who
plays the trumpet and sings. He's dedicated his life to performance.
He was pretty interesting, but a great guy and an even better
musician!

Also, as I hit my official three month mark on Wednesday, all the
Elders and a few members went to Sloopie's Diner here on campus. We
did a challenge that is between missionaries here. It's three giant
pancakes with chocolate chips and peanut butter. I tried last transfer
and couldn't finish, but I got it down in twenty minutes this time!!
Elder Yeates had four bites left but puked in a trash can that we went
and grabbed for him a little earlier.

Our most progressing investigators, including the ones who were on
date, dropped us this week. It was a pretty difficult time, but it's
been such a blessing to have those trials to build my faith. I'm not
saying I want people to not get baptized, but I know that the Lord is
trying to see how hard we are willing to work even though we are
getting discouraged.

Transfers are next week and I'm really hoping that I get to stay at
least another transfer here at OSU. The people and the missionaries
here are absolutely amazing.

Daniel is now off to the Provo MTC to prepare for his mission in Tempe
Arizona, and the Springers (the senior couple here at OSU) go home
this upcoming Wednesday. I'm so sad to see them go, but I know their
family misses them.

I've been studying a lot of Elder Holland's talks recently. There's a
lot of great things that I've been able to take from the words of one
of my favorite Apostles. I'd encourage you all to look into a few of
his older talks. One of my favorite quotes: "Some blessings come soon,
some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who
embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." (“An High Priest of
Good Things to Come" Jeffrey R. Holland October 1999).

I love and miss you all! Thank you for the emails, packages, and
especially the prayers.







No comments:

Post a Comment