Tuesday, April 19, 2016

week #13 -- Fully trained missionary in two more weeks!

Only two more weeks, and then I am done being trained! It honestly
isn't that bad, but man it'll be nice to not have that title anymore.
This last week has been pretty eventful!

We will start with the negatives, or blessings in disguise. Everyone's
most progressing investigators dropped them this week, including Elder
Yeates and I. All we can do is pray, and love these people regardless
of their decisions.

Elder Yeates and I continue to work hard! It's pretty fun coming home
at the end of the day, dripping with sweat, to an apartment that is
warmer than the temperature outside. I can't wait till they turn the
AC on. I'm not going to complain because I know a few missionaries who
will never have that luxury, but man the humidity here is crazy! It
seems that the people on ca,OSU are very open and receptive, but
laziness and the stress of school doesn't allow them to fully endure
themselves in what this gospel has to offer. We keep on praying and
fasting for opportunities and for the faith and strength to continue
our endeavors.

Elder Daniel Lucas leaves on his mission tomorrow! We will miss him
dearly. I had the opportunity to make make district ties for all the
elders in our district. This consists of going thrift shopping for
nasty ties, making them skinny if necessary, then taking a dress (from
the thrift shop) and cutting it up to fit and wrap around the old
ties. It's a fun tradition that Elder Segle left last transfer, and I
decided to pick up. It takes time, but fun little traditions make
missionary life that much more exciting! The sisters were upset though
because it was a pretty cute dress... Oh well.

Yesterday we did a mission wide service project. We planted over 450
trees here at OSU. It was a great time! That's why I'm emailing today
as well.

We visited the Jack Nicklaus museum and the Woody Hayes Football
Shrine today! I'll be sending some pictures of those places. It's
awesome how much there is to do on Pdays around here on campus. I just
hope that we end up going golfing sometime in the near future!

Oh! Almost forgot! The Book of Mormon on Broadway is here in Columbus,
and this week sometime we decided that the OSU missionaries will go
down during the showings, and allow people to take pictures with real
missionaries, and pass out book of Mormons, cards, etc. Itll be a fun
finding activity for sure! Don't mind my triple chin, but it was a fun
picture to take that took like five tries.

I love you all, and I keep praying for all of you.






No comments:

Post a Comment